Pages

Welcome!

Through a variety of audiovisuals, Lower School students document their class experiences.

msolberg@cotopaxi.k12.ec




Sunday, February 2, 2014

Outward Bound Camping in Nanegal, Ecuador (Student Reflections)

Teacher note: Written by city kids who live at 9,500 ft...so keep that perspective in mind (where we rarely live with insects).

(By B. A) I woke up at six AM. I was ready to go at 7:20AM. When I got to the bus, the engine started. I was ready to go! I shouted, "Bye Mom! Bye Dad!" They shouted the same. When we got to Nanegalito, everyone was excited. That camping night I was so hyper! I giggled all night. The hardest part was to quiet up. I learned that you don't need to be afraid of bugs. I passed my most happiest day of my life.


(By A.C.G) Wow! I loved it! it was awesome! My first camping trip was the best, and all my friends were there with me. I learned lots of lessons. Being with bugs all night was challenging, BUT I'm glad I did it because now I know that bugs aren't bad and they are also scared of us. I learned that you have to know which plants you can eat, and which plants you can't eat. The farmer who worked there cut two giant pieces of sugar cane, and we ate it ALL. We were so hyper that we laughed all night. The next day, when my group was getting the tent down, we found a super, extra weird grasshopper with huge legs! We went on a 3 hour hike and pretty much the only thing we did was talk and drink water (and pee)! When I woke up the next day my hair was all puffy, and Mr. Millis (our PE teacher) loved it. It was the best trip ever!












No comments:

Post a Comment